Physics actually covers all subjects in the world. If you have any idea related with any subject, don’t worry you can be sure it is a physics subject. But our project must be based on physical knowledge. For example if you have a project about air pollution, even it is related to biology, you can make it physics project by using physical method. To making easy your investigation, here you are some popular topics about physics project competition.
Energy conservation is the most important subject in science and engineer world. Energy conservation is different to energy efficiency in that it uses less energy to achieve a lesser energy service, and usually requires behavioral change. If we find any applicable way to conserve energy, we will take important place in this world.
Physic application in Engineering
Civil engineering is a professional engineering discipline that deals with the construction and design of public and private sector works such as bridges, roads, dams and buildings by using static knowledge. Electrical engineering is the branch of engineering that deals with the technology of electricity, especially the design and application of circuitry. For example we can help them with finding new method to get electric energy. Mechanical engineering is an engineering discipline that involves the application of principles of physics for analysis, design, and maintenance of mechanical systems. Mechanical engineers use these principles and others in the design and analysis of automobiles, aircraft, heating & cooling systems and more.
Robotics is the science and technology of robots which cannot be separated from physics.
Thermodynamics involves the physics of the relationships and conversions between heat and other forms of energy. According to rules of thermodynamics energy cannot be used in 100% efficiency but we can increase the efficiency and we can recycle the wasted energy
Mathematical application in physics
This subject may be little professional but physics always needs some useful expression and constant
Some sample project for elementary student:
- Fire and Burning- what factors affect burning?
- Fuels and their efficiency in producing energy.
- Musical instruments- the scientific principles behind them
- Music Versus Noise- difference
- Pendulums- how can a period of a pendulum be increased?
- Air Pressure – Water Pressure
- How do you establish “elevation from sea level”?
- Lenses- effects of curvature, materials on light beams
- Can eggs withstand a greater force from one direction than from others?
- How strong are nylon fishing lines?
- How strong are plastic wraps?
- Which homemade airplane design flies best?
- What factors affect the bounce of a dropped ball?
- How do compression and tension make things strong?
- How strong is a toothpick?
- Which type of lawn sprinkler works best?
- Which typesize of light bulb produces the most light?
- How can the strength of light be measured?- the effect on degradable materials
- Which materials can be charged with static electricity?
- Which battery lasts the longest?- How can power be increased?
- What affects light reflection?- refraction and diffraction of light?
- Spectrum and color production- prisms
- How is sound produced? What affects the pitch of sound?- What affects the volume of sound? – How would you measure the velocity of sound?
- Electric Motors- principles and factors effecting their efficiency
- Electric Circuits- factors affecting voltage, amperage, resistance
- Magnets and electromagnets- What affects the strength of an electromagnet?
- Buzzers and bells and alarms (electromagnets).
- Magnet Levitation- Experiment gravity defying effects of magnetism and build a Magnetic Levitating Train
- Internal Combustion engines
- Insulation-best materials, thickness
- How is paint affected by temperature changes?- Elasticity of rubber; effect of glue.
- Use of solar energy- design and construct solar cookers, solar panels, etc.
- Designing a strong bridge
- Efficient use of renewable energy resources- E.G. Wood, Wind
- Determine the accuracy of various thermometers
- How much heat is required to raise the temperature of various substances by an equal amount?
- Principle of energy conservation
- Designing an energy efficient home
- Make a Minute Timer
- A Projector (Make a slide projector)
- Air Pressure (Can air pressure be used to push, break or bend objects?)
- Water Pressure (How does water pressure change at different depths?)
- Does the weight of the firework determine how long the firework stays in the air?
- Compare copper wires to optical fibers for communication
- How is paint affected by temperature changes?
- How does temperature affect the elasticity of rubber?
- How does temperature affect the strength or adherence of glue?
- Effect of moisture on electrical resistance
- Heat convection
- Heat radiation
- Heat conduction